Some conservative religious organizations would like everyone to believe that they are the only charitable people and that charitable giving would dramatically decline if religion falls. Simply not true. Heck, this site would have you believe that atheists do not understand love. Ummm, yeah.
Ok, I’m showing my irritation and I need to get back on track.
Foundation Beyond Belief
On the Foundation Beyond Belief About page, you will learn that their Humanist Giving program selects five charitable organizations based on “impact and efficiency, our featured beneficiaries are secular organizations with the exception of Challenge the Gap, which features non-proselytizing organizations based in other worldviews.”
Richard Dawkins Foundation
On the About Us Page, you will learn that the primary focus of the foundation is to eliminate the negative impact of religious influence on science education. In order to do this, the foundation partners with other secular organizations to:
- Encourage and support non-believers to be openly secular.
- Eliminate discrimination against non-believers.
- Provide educational support for middle school teachers on the topic of evolution.
- Raise disaster relief funds from secular communities.
- Provide support for clergy who no longer hold supernatural beliefs.