Negativity. Some of us
- Insult the person who disagrees with us. We can’t accept that people may have well thought out reasons for thinking differently and just learn to accept that fact.
- Call the person who chooses a different life style weird, lazy, stupid, etc. We don’t like people who are different.
- Think that the person who doesn’t believe what we believe is just stupid or wrong. We can’t tolerate people’s differences.
- Treat innocent mistakes in traffic like intentional rudeness. We cannot give the benefit of the doubt.
- Will be rude to a person we believe is not driving fast enough, by either riding their tail or passing in a rude manner. We believe we own the road and the world revolves around us.
- Believe that if you look different or talk with a different accent (or worse yet – speak in a different language), you must be stupid, bad, or just need to learn how to be a Murican. We don’t like people who are different. And if they look like they might be Muslim, we don’t like them and we certainly don’t trust them.
- Let life’s minor irritation get the best of us. We haven’t learned to let go and focus on what is good in our lives.