Prepping a house for sale is a lot of work.
I feel like I’m doing it alone and I’m a little angry about that so this is a venting post.
Some things I’ve accomplished:
- Painted almost entire basement in 2012, because we thought we’d try to sell then but the market sucked. This involved filling nearly a million tiny holes and dents made by rambunctious kids.
- Painted 1/2 of main level and stairs and upstairs hall in 2012.
- Repainted kid #2’s room.
- Moved several broken folding tables and an old desk to front porch and then to trash on trash day.
- De cluttered many rooms and closets over a long period, since 2012. This resulted in MANY trips to Good Will.
- Put together several free standing, decorative storage closets to contain clutter that is used frequently.
- Hauled box after box to the attic. Even the boxes that I had hoped ex would have taken to attic, such as his rocketry stuff.
- Moved a ton of clutter from the computer room into the unfinished area.
- Made several trips to Target to purchase storage boxes to contain the clutter.
- Put various clutter into said storage boxes and moved those around to try to avoid adding more clutter.